Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Hello Dollface" Work by Marla Verdugo, at Pure Beauty Salon

Marla Verdugo's Vintage inspired photography is a lovely display of a Labor of Love. Marla not only takes the photographs does all the styling , hair and makeup as well as photoshop all herself.
Pure Beauty is proud to announce Marla Verdugo's first solo photography show. Friday April 29th 6-8pm. If you like her work this is a perfect opportunity to meet the artist as she is based out of southern California, although Marla travels all over California to work in photo shoots for anything from Cheerleaders to high end magazine quality shoots.
What Marla Says about her work:
"I am an artist at heart, and have always been a junkie for it, ...art, life, beauty and fashion. I always embrace the messy, akward and out of place, which I see as the beauty with in it all. My vintage inspired photography was inspired by my love of vintage films, cars, and music of the 1920's to 1960's, old family photographs and of course, my obsession with red lipstick. I love dolling up all types of people and placeing them in another world that I see in my mind and showing them for all to see, which makes me happy!"

For more information please go to www.marlaverdugo.com, or www.marlaontherun.blogspot.com. Marla also has a fan page on facebook! become a fan and support her love of art, love life, and everything vintage!!!!